Franck Ribery hopes to get lucky at third time of asking in 2013 Champions League Final

Bayern star Franck Ribery. Photo: PA

Franck Ribery cannot bear to contemplate losing a third Champions League final with Bayern Munich.

The France winger will take to the Wembley pitch against Borussia Dortmund on Saturday night determined to finally create some happy memories of the fixture.

Twelve months ago Ribery was in the Bayern team beaten on penalties by Chelsea in their own Allianz Arena stadium and two years before that he had to watch on, suspended, as they lost to Jose Mourinho's Inter Milan.

"I have won everything with Bayern, only this title is missing," the three-time Bundesliga winner said on the club website.

"We have to win for this club, these fans, this team."

Ribery revealed the pain of missing out on the final against Inter after being banned following his dismissal in the semi-final against with Lyon.

"That was hard, if you don't play you are sad," he said.

Against Chelsea he was taken off in extra time after picking up an injury, so did not get a chance to take a penalty.

"That hurt. That was a shock for all of us," he said.

Bayern are favourites to win on Saturday - as they were against Chelsea - after storming to the Bundesliga title, and also have a DFB-Pokal final against Stuttgart to come as they seek a treble.

Their cause was helped today when Dortmund playmaker Mario Gotze, who will join them in the summer, was ruled out of the final with a hamstring injury.

"We know what it feels like to be in the final," Ribery added. "That is nothing new for us."

The match will be an emotional occasion for Bayern coach Jupp Heynckes, who retires at the end of the season to make way for Pep Guardiola.

Ribery paid tribute to his boss.

"Jupp Heynckes was important for me, for my self-belief, my happiness, my enjoyment on the pitch," he said.

Meanwhile, Bayern defender Holger Badstuber has been ruled out for 10 months after having his cruciate ligament in his right knee removed, making him a doubt for next summer's World Cup.

The Germany international suffered his second cruciate ligament rupture this season last week, having only returned to training following the initial injury in December.

The 24-year-old was operated on by renowned knee specialist Dr Richard Steadman in Colorado on Monday.

A club statement said: "Due to extensive ruptures, the player's cruciate ligament is no longer functional and was removed. Before the cruciate can be reconstructed using a surgical tissue graft replacement, the incisions and holes from the original op must heal completely.

"Until then, Holger Badstuber will maintain his physical fitness in sports rehab. The doctors in charge of the case estimate the player will be fit again in around 10 months. The injury is not career-threatening."