Owen Coyle's reign as Wigan manager starts today and the Scot has Premier League football on his mind.
The ex-Republic of Ireland striker has been selected as the man to replace Roberto Martinez, with his primary task being restoring the top-flight status lost by the Spaniard and his team of FA Cup winners.
Athletic officially confirmed his appointment last night, shortly after the 46-year-old had said he expected formalities to be completed on Monday.
There was an acceleration in that process, though, and Coyle - out of work since being sacked by Bolton last year - is eager to get moving.
"Everybody recognises Wigan as a fantastic club with a chairman who wants to get back in the Premier League," Coyle told Sky Sports News.
"It was a blow to lose that status and we will look to get it back as quickly as possible.
"It's a great opportunity and one I am looking forward to."
Coyle's exit from Bolton came after making a faltering start to his attempt to put right their own relegation from the top flight.
He has been promoted to the Premier League before, though, and believes his achievements with both St Johnstone and Burnley will have helped him.
"I'm really pleased the chairman has said nice things and I think a fantastic track record will have impressed him," he added.
"I've been there and I'm looking forward to trying to get Wigan back in the Premier League."
Wigan's FA Cup win will see them juggle the 46-game Championship slog with a Europa League campaign, meaning Coyle will need a big squad to pick from.
Whether the likes of star names Callum McManaman, James McCarthy and Arouna Kone are part of it remains to be seen, however.
"We want to keep the main ones, sure we do. But the chairman always said if the right offer comes in, he'd never stand in someone's way. It's a talented squad," Coyle added.