Roberto Martinez is keeping his fingers crossed Kevin Mirallas has not suffered a serious injury
Everton live updates
Everton chairman Bill Kenwright has hit back at Roy Keane for "saying some stupid things" following the Republic of Ireland assistant's comments about Toffees boss Roberto Martinez over the management of his international players.
Keane took Martinez to task over his handling of injuries to key Ireland players Seamus Coleman and James McCarthy, who both missed last month's qualifiers with McCarthy also sitting out this time around after reporting with a hamstring problem.
– Bill Kenwright speaking to Sky Sports News
I'm a big fan of Roy Keane's but he does say some stupid things.
That is just totally totally unfair, we absolutely love our players going on international duty and we never ever get in the way of them and Roberto Martinez will be as shocked as everyone at Everton.
Leighton Baines' hamstring injury is not as bad as first feared and he could be back in action when Everton play West Ham next weekend.
The defender pulled out of England's squad for the Euro 2016 qualifier against Slovenia and the friendly against Scotland after suffering the injury in training on Friday.
He became the third player to withdraw from Roy Hodgson's squad this week following the withdrawal of Michael Carrick and Andros Townsend.
But following a scan, Everton have revealed that Baines has a grade one tear, the least serious on the scale of such injuries, and is not expected to be out of action for long.
"Leighton Baines could be in contention to face West Ham United next weekend after scans revealed the full-back's hamstring injury is not as serious as first feared," said a statement on Everton's website.
Pudsey was at Finch Farm to meet Ross Barkley and Romelu Lukaku ahead of Children in Need’s appeal day on Friday 14 November and to celebrate the news that Everton in the Community has been awarded three years of funding from the national charity to continue its uplifting daily workshops at Alder Hey Children’s Hospital.
BARRY UPDATE: RM - "Happy to confirm that it's not the broken leg we were worried about. There is ankle ligament damage we must assess."
Everton boss Roberto Martinez has revealed Antolin Alcaraz is set to be out for a maximum of five weeks after it was decided the Toffees defender does not require shoulder surgery.
Alcaraz dislocated his shoulder in last Saturday's 0-0 Premier League home draw with Swansea.
Martinez said: "We decided not to go through surgery.
"I think the specialist feels that is the best way to approach the injury, which is great news - it reduces the period that Antolin is going to be out for.
"We will find out over the next few days how he responds, but probably now we are talking three, four, five weeks maximum, which is fantastic news given what we feared earlier."
Everton midfielder Gareth Barry and full-back Seamus Coleman will undergo fitness tests ahead of Sunday's Premier League clash with Sunderland at the Stadium of Light.
Barry has an ankle problem which he suffered in Thursday's 3-0 Europa League win over Lille, while Coleman was absent from the squad for that match after suffering a cut to his Achilles tendon in last Saturday's 0-0 league draw with Swansea.
Kevin Mirallas (hamstring), Bryan Oviedo, Arouna Kone (both match fitness), Antolin Alcaraz (shoulder) and John Stones (ankle) remain unavailable for first-team selection.
Provisional Everton squad: Howard, Robles, Coleman, Baines, Hibbert, Browning, Jagielka, Distin, Gibson, McCarthy, Barry, Besic, Barkley, Osman, Pienaar, Atsu, McGeady, Lukaku, Eto'o, Naismith.