Former Ukraine international striker Andriy Shevchenko is set to come out of retirement to play in the Indonesian Soccer League
Ukraine live updates
– ITV pundit Gareth Southgate
Ukraine are causing us problems by dropping a striker in between the defence and midfield and they are getting the ball a lot there and creating chances.
Also, the Ukrainian right-back is pushing well forward – meaning that Ashley Young is having to drop back almost to left back nullifying his attacking threat.
Hart watches it fly over.
Whoever has the task of marking Rooney will come up against a player champing at the bit.
Mikhalik will have to be strong if he is to contain the Manchester Utd striker, who believes he is now capable of exercising more self-discipline, which will be key in Donetsk in front of frenzied home support.
With their team out of Euro 2012, a fair number of Poles in Warsaw will cheering on England as they take on Ukraine and look to progress to the knockout stages.
England win and a Rooney goal tonight???3-1 England for meFrom @TomHuddlestone6 on Twitter:
I've gone for England to win 2-0 in the sweepstake tonight. Rooney first goal.From @OllieHoltMirror on Twitter:
Going with a very tense Eng 1-1 Ukr, and the same score in Kiev.From @oliverirish on Twitter:
- England will be through with a draw. If they lose, they have to hope France lose by enough so that England at least end level with Les Bleus on goal difference / goals scored (as England have a better UEFA coefficient).
- Ukraine will go through with a win and go out with any other result.
- France will go through with a draw. If they lose, they would only go out if England lose but at the same time move level with them on either goal difference or goals scored.
- Sweden are out. Sorry, Sweden.