Marcus Bean is back in the This Morning kitchen with his delicious chicken and chorizo casserole made with butterbeans for extra creamy flavour.
500g of boneless chicken thighs with skin removed
140g of good eating chorizo
80g of smoked bacon or pancetta
1 white onion (finely chopped)
1 ½ cloves of crushed garlic
½ tsp of smoked paprika
250g of tinned chopped tomatoes
250ml chicken stock
100ml of good quality red wine
250g of butter beans (tinned, drained)
1 tbsp of roughly chopped coriander
2 tbsp of roughly chopped spinach
Salt and pepper
1. Start by preheating your oven to gas mark 160C. C
2. Cut your chicken thighs into large chunks (about 2-3cm squared pieces). Get a saucepan on a medium heat, drizzle some olive oil in the pan and cook your chicken on all sides to seal. Then remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Put a drop more oil in the pan and add your chopped onion, garlic then the smoked bacon and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Now stir in your smoked paprika and chopped chorizo and cook for a further few minutes.
4. Add your red wine, tinned tomatoes and browned chicken thighs. Add the chicken stock, enough to just cover the mix. Cover with tin foil or a lid and pop in the preheated oven for about 1 ½ hours.
5. Remove after 1 ½ hours then add your drained butter beans to the casserole and pop back in the oven for another 20 minutes to allow the butter beans to soak up the juices and warm in the casserole.
6. Remove from the oven and add the chopped spinach and coriander. Check the flavour and season with salt and pepper if required, then gently stir together and serve with chunks of fresh bread and butter.