Three years ago quantity surveyor Barry Lewis lived on a diet of takeaways and junk food and couldn't even fry an egg!
But after millions watched the YouTube series of him learning to cook (including fan Jamie Oliver!), he's given up his job in construction to pursue a career in cookery - starting by showing us one of his favourite family recipes: chicken thigh and halloumi traybake.
Green, red and yellow peppers, deseeded and sliced into squares
1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
handful of new potatoes cut in half
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp dried basil 450g chicken thigh fillets
220g halloumi cheese, sliced
handful of black olives, pitted and thinly sliced
handful of fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 180c fan / 350f /Gas Mark 4
2. Mix the vegetables with the most of the olive oil, pepper and half the dried basil into a bowl until they are all coated
3. Arrange the chicken thighs in a tray, then brush with a little oil and sprinkle with the remaining dried basil.
4. Scatter the vegetables around the chicken and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until the thighs are cooked through. Check by making a little cut through a couple of thighs to be sure. If the meat is pink, bake a little longer.
5. Preheat the grill to medium. When the chicken is cooked, top with the halloumi and black olives and grill until the cheese is golden and melting. Serve the chicken sprinkled with basil leaves and with the vegetables on the side.