250g of good quality dark chocolate (chopped)
1 un-waxed orange
4 tbsp of Amaretto liquor
1. Melt the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over a pan of simmering water, ensuring that the base of the bowl does not touch the water. Set aside to cool but not to harden.
2. In the meantime, separate the egg yolk from the whites and place in 2 dry, clean bowls.
3. Whisk ONLY 2 egg whites until stiff.
4. Beat the egg yolks together with the juice and zest of the ½ orange and Amaretto liquor for 2 minutes.
5. With a metal spoon, gently fold the melted chocolate in the egg yolks mixture a little at the time.
6. Lastly, fold in the egg whites, mixing all the ingredients together.
7. Divide the raspberries between 4 dessert glasses (each about 250ml).
8. Pour the chocolate mixture over the raspberries and decorate with more orange zest on top.
9. Serve immediately.
See also: Sirloin steak with gorgonzola sauce and pink peppercorn