500g linguine pasta
250g of baby squid (cut into quarters)
250g peeled raw prawns
Zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
2 x 400g tinned cherry tomatoes
100ml dry white wine
½ tsp of dried chilli flakes
6 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
4 tbsp of chopped flat leaves parsley
4 cloves of garlic (peeled and sliced)
Salt, to taste
1. Wash the clams and mussels under cold water. Discard any that are broken and any that do not close when tapped firmly.
2. Place in a large saucepan, pour in the wine and cook on a medium heat with the lid on for 3 minutes, until they have opened. Discard any that remain closed. Tip into a colander placed over a bowl and set aside.
3. Pour the oil in the same saucepan that you cooked the clams and mussels and gently fry the garlic until it begins to sizzle. Add the chilli and the tomatoes and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes. Season with salt and stir occasionally.
4. Pour into the sauce 6 tablespoons of the cooking liquor from the mussels and clams and continue to simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Stir in the baby squid and the prawns and continue to cook for a further 3 minutes until they both go pink.
6. Add in the clams and the mussels with the parsley and stir until heated through.
7. In the meantime, cook the pasta in a large saucepan with plenty of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and tip into the pan with the sauce.
8. Sprinkle the lemon zest all over and mix together on a low heat for 30 seconds allowing all the flavours to coat the pasta.
9. Serve immediately.