If you have problems perfecting your pasta, if you're terrible at tiramisu, and make a mess with your meatballs, who are you going to call? Gino of course!
Yes, our Italian stallion has returned and we're challenging him to Roma-Around the Kitchen. Choosing ingredients that have been placed around the This Morning kitchen, he'll have to prepare an Italian-themed dish in approximately seven minutes! Good luck with that Gino...
Smoked salmon rolls
Jarred artichoke hearts
1 bunch fresh chives
1 small tub mascapone
Salt and pepper
- Mix the mascapone and chives in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Separate the smoked salmon into strips and place a small amount of the mascapone mix at one end of each salmon strip.
- Roll the salmon up, encasing the cheese. To serve, place each salmon roll on your serving plate and decorate with the artichokes and olives.
Polenta crusted lamb steaks
2 lamb steaks
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 Caverlo Nero, thinly shredded
1 fennel, thinly sliced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Dip the lamb steaks in beaten egg and then into the polenta.
- In a hot oiled frying pan cook the lamb for 3-4 minutes on each side - or until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile in a separate hot oiled pan fry the fennel, onion, and caverlo nero until softened.
- Season with salt and pepper. To serve, slice the lamb and place it on top of the sautéed vegetables.
Four cheese pasta
500g green tagliatelle
50g Taleggio, rind removed and broken into small pieces.
50g Gorgonzola, rind removed and broken into small pieces.
50g Pecorino, grated
8 slices of Italian salmai, chopped
150ml double cream
50g Mozzerella, broken into small pieces
Salt and pepper
- Cook the tagliatelle in boiling water until cooked through.
- In a separate pan heat through the double cream, add the cheeses and gently heat them in the pan on a low heat until they have melted. Be careful not to let any of the cheese burn.
- Add the chopped salami and mix thoroughly. Drain the tagliatelle and add it to the cheese sauce, stir until all of the pasta has been coated with the cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.