4-6 tbsp good quality olive oil
1 small very onion finely chopped
500g new potatoes, halved lengthways, cooked and cooled
125g bag fresh spinach
1 x 400g green canned lentils, drained
4-6 medium eggs
500g cooked thick sliced, ham, honey glazed perfect
1. In a large pan heat the oil and add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes
2. Add the potatoes, stir well and brown slightly, say 5-6 minutes
3. Once lightly browned, add the spinach and well drained lentils and season well
4. Saute quickly and warm through
5. Fry the eggs in a separate pan season well with salt and pepper.
6. Serve ham along side the potato fry and top with the fried eggs. That’s it! so easy but delicious.
Warm honey french toast with yoghurt and summer fruit
4 medium eggs
100ml cold milk or whipping cream
2-3 tbsp runny honey
8 medium slices brioche (1 day old is best)
50g-75g unsalted butter
500g tub thick passionfruit yoghurt (The Co-Op one is brilliant)
100g strawberries, halved
1. Heat a large sauté pan. Place the eggs, milk and honey into a bowl and whisk to incorporate.
2. Place the 8 slices of brioche and then soak each one in the egg mixture.
3. Melt the butter in the heated sauté pan and once it starts foaming, add the soaked slices of brioche.
4. Cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown, turning once – you may have to do this in batches depending on the size of your pan.
5. Meanwhile place the fruit into a bowl and add enough yoghurt to just coat the fruit
6. Serve the warm toasts in a bowl and top with the fruit. Add a little more yoghurt on top and serve.