Get rid of the January blues with Mr D'Acampo's light lamb burgers with sundried tomatoes and Pecorino cheese.
450g of lean minced lamb
2 burger baps
50g mixed salad leaves
30g freshly grated Pecorino cheese
4 sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and finely chopped
1 egg, beaten
2 tsp of mint leaves, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
50g of fresh breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons of olive oil for brushing
Flour for dusting
A handful of parsley
Salt and black pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, mix together the minced lamb, mint, breadcrumbs, sundried tomatoes, garlic, parsley and Pecorino cheese. Season with salt and pepper and pour in the beaten egg to bind the mixture.
2. Lightly flour the palm of your hand and start to shape the meat mixture into 4 balls. Gently press each ball between your hands creating a burger shape.
3. Preheat a griddle pan.
4. Brush each burger with a little oil and cook on the griddle pan for 4 minutes on each side.
5. Warm the baps in the oven or under a hot grill until crispy.
6. Place one half of the baps on each serving plate and divide the salad leaves on top.
7. Top each half with a hot burger and buon appetito!!
Top tip: Make a delicious dipping sauce by combining sour cream, light yoghurt and fresh mint leaves.