Feed the family a brilliant weekend brunch with Lesley's four delicious recipes...
Sausage and bacon patties
Makes 8, serves 4-6
8 good quality large pork sausages
8 rashers streaky bacon
8 sage leaves
A little olive oil for frying
Mustard to serve
2 bunches of watercress, washed
3 tbsp French dressing
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/ 200c . Toss the potatoes in olive oil, spread out on a non stick baking tray, season and place in the oven for 30-35 minutes until golden.
2. Remove skin from sausages and using wet hands shape each sausage into round patties. Wrap each pattie with a rasher of bacon and top with a sage leaf.
3. Pan fry the patties in a frying pan over a medium heat for 6 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Toss the watercress in the dressing and serve along side the patties with a hit of mustard if desired.
Breakfast with a zing - sizzling tomatoes with an extra bite of chilli and balsamic to get you going.
4 beef tomatoes, halved
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
2 tsp caster sugar
2 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Extra olive oil for drizzling
Basil to finish
1. Preheat oven to 200C, (fan 180C) Gas 6. Place the tomatoes cut side up onto a baking tray.
2. Mix together the chilli, sugar, olive oil and drizzle over the tomato halves. Season with a little salt and grind over plenty of black pepper.
3. Bake for 12-15 minutes until tomatoes are cooked through but still keeping their shape. Drizzle each with a little balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
4. To serve finish with the basil.
200g self raising flour
30g semonlina (optional but gives a good texture)
1tsp baking powder
85g very strong mature cheddar grated
3 tbsp chopped chives
2 large eggs
2 tbsp olive oil
200ml natural yoghurt
Approx. 2/3 tbsp milk
110g canned sweet corn (drained weight)
5 tbsp cream fraiche or soured cream
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5 / 190C. Lightly grease an eight well non-stick muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese and chives.
3. In a jug, whisk together the eggs, oil, yogurt, milk and sweet corn.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the flour and cheese and quickly combine, taking care not to over stir. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
5. Mix together the cream fraiche and mustard and serve along side the
Over easy bean bake
1 415g can of baked beans
1 415g can of cannellini or haricot beans, drained and rinsed
3 tbsp of red pesto
2 medium sized potatoes washed and sliced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to gas mark 6 /200C.
2. In a bowl combine the beans and pesto together and tip into a medium sized ovenproof pan or dish.
3. Slice the potatoes thinly (with the skins still on). Lay the sliced potatoes over the beans, overlapping slightly and season well. Drizzle with the olive oil cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes, removing the foil for a final 10 minutes to brown the potatoes.