Looking for ways to entertain the kids during half term? Lisa Faulkner is here to get them into the kitchen for some baking fun. First, she'll be showing us how to avoid costly pre-made packs of cake pops by making our own...
300g madeira cake
50g melted milk chocolate
75g buttercream icing
About 150g white chocolate, melted
Hundreds and thousands to decorate
Polystyrene / foam brick to stick the lollies in!
1. Crumble the cake into a mixing bowl or into the bowl of a stand mixer and add 35g of the melted chocolate and the buttercream icing and mix the two together
2. Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper and roll out little balls the size of old fashioned lollipops
4. Dip the ends of the lolly stick into the remaining melted chocolate and then push into the cake balls. Freeze for 20 mins.
5. Melt the white chocolate and dip the cake balls into it to coat, then sprinkle with hundreds and thousands or whatever decorations you like
6. Stand the lollies in the polystyrene brick or even in an upturned colander until set