Y Viva Espana! Kicking off our Celebrity Cook Off we've got Benidorm's favourite swingers Jacqueline and Donald, aka Janine Duvitski and Kenny Ireland. They are both cooking one of their favourite Spanish dishes, paella, and they both think their version is best, but who will come out on top? Phil Vickery is on hand to offer his expertise - but who will Phillip and Holly choose as the winner when faced with our very own taste test?
Phil's recipe for paella
Serves 4-8 (4 people as a main course or 8 as a starter)
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes, roughly
6 tbsp olive oil
2 small onions, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 red pepper, cut into 1cm pieces
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
A pinch or two of saffron
2 tbsp tomato puree
350g long grain rice
200g boned chicken or rabbit thigh, skin on roughly cut up
125g baby squid
125g prawns in the shell
125g fresh mussels
125g baby scallops
Roughly 600ml boiling water
11/2 vegetable or chicken stock cubes, crumbled
A little salt needed
Course ground black pepper
1 large bunch of fresh parsley, chopped roughly
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/ gas mark 6.
2. Heat the oil and add the onions, garlic and pepper.
3. Cook for 10 minutes, so the pepper releases its colour slightly and add the paprika, saffron and tomato puree. Mix well.
4. Next add the rice and coat well in the oil and onion.
5. Add the chicken pieces and mix really well.
6. Add the prawns and squid and mix well again.
7. Next, add the boiling water, stock cubes, a little salt and pepper and mix well.
8. Bring back to the boil, cover with a tight fitting lid and then pop into the oven. Cook for 12-14 minutes.
9. Finally add the mussels and scallops, place the lid back on and cook for a further 8-10 minutes gently.
10. Remove from the oven, remove the lid and stir well - you may need to add a little more oil.
11. Re-cover and leave for 5 minutes, then serve with plenty of chopped parsley.