On Monday's show Phil Vickery will be pairing some more peculiar ingredients together and we want you to get tasting them from the comfort of your home!
Phillip and Holly will be joining you in trying some very unusual food pairings and we'd love for you to let us know what you think.
If you'd like to join in you'll need the following ingredients:
- Tea cakes (toasted), mature cheddar and strawberry jam
- Vanilla ice cream, chopped salted cashew nuts or crushed tortilla chips and mustard
- Smoked salmon, pickled beetroot and ripe banana
- Milk chocolate and salt and vinegar or ready salted crisps
Don't forget to tweet us your test results including #TMTasteTest.
And we want to see pictures of you trying the combinations at home, so during the taste test send us your best approving/disapproving pictures to email@example.com and some of them may be featured on the show!
Chocolate and salted crisp tiffin
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: none
225g melted unsalted butter
100g semi dried cranberries
50g soft light brown sugar
¼ tsp salt
3-4 tbsp Golden Syrup
250g Rich Tea biscuits, crushed
3 packets ready salted crisps, crushed
200g melted bitter chocolate
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, then add the cranberries and mix well.
- Stir in the sugar, salt, Golden Syrup then add the biscuit and crisps and mix well.
- Spoon into a Swiss Roll tray lined with baking parchment, and spread out evenly.
- Chill well.
- Once chilled, spread the melted chocolate over evenly.
- Using a serrated spatula, quickly make tight, wiggly lines across the top, then chill well.
- Cut into small pieces when chilled,.