On Monday's show Phil Vickery will be pairing some peculiar ingredients together and we want you to join us in tasting them from the comfort of your home!
Phillip and Holly will be joining you in trying some very unusual food pairings and we'd love for you to let us know what you think.
If you'd like to join in you'll need the following ingredients to hand:
- Crispy bacon and Marmalade
- Stilton and Vodka
- Lemonade and balsamic vinegar
Don't forget to tweet us your test results including #TMTasteTest
And we want to see pictures of you trying the combinations at home, so during the taste test send us your best approving/disapproving pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org and some of them may be featured on the show!
Crispy bacon and marmalade
8 rashers smoked streaky bacon
5-6 tbsp bitter marmalade
3-4 tbsp smooth peanut butter
8 slices plain white bread
- Shallow fry the bacon until really crispy, this may take a few minutes, nice and slowly. You
may need to add a little oil also.
- The bacon needs to be crisp right through.
- Once crisp, using the peanut butter, spread 1 slice very thinly.
- Add the bacon, then the marmalade, top with the second slice of bread.
- Cut into thin fingers and taste.
Blue cheese and vodka dip
2 tbsp mayonnaise
Dash of vodka to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and mix until smooth
- Serve with toasted bread of crisps.