Get ready for an adventure as Phil Vickery takes us to the ends of the earth in search of local cuisine that will tantalise our taste buds.
In the second part of his trip to Peru, Phil is heading up higher than he’s ever been before, to the Peruvian Andes, where he visits one of the wonders of the world – Machu Pichhu.
He’ll also be taking in the ancient salt mines of Maras and finding out firsthand how to make the refreshing drink Chicha, before cooking his own dish with the mountain as his backdrop.
Phil’s Peruvian beef stew
- Take 250g of pre-cooked potatoes, 1 onion, a little chopped garlic, a little chopped chilli and fry them in a small amount of oil.
- Phil used the Peruvian drink Chicha – but lager is a good alternative.
- Then add the sweetcorn, tomatoes and some herbs, Phil used the Peruvian herb Chincho but coriander will do as well.
- Meanwhile cook the beef in another dish and when tender add to the stew mixture.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes and serve!
With thanks to