Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
4 tbsp olive oil
150g roughly left over chips, cut into 3cm pieces
4 spring onions, sliced diagonally
1 large egg, beaten
115g microwavable basmati rice, warmed
2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 ripe avocado, cubed
4 tbsp chopped coriander
½ tsp red chilli, very finely chopped
Juice 1 lime
1 tbsp creamed horseradish
Crispy batter pieces, refried until crisp (optional)
1. Heat the oil, add the chips and spring onions and re-cook until lightly coloured.
2. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
3. Add the beaten egg to the pan and cook until really dry, then add the rice and potatoes back in and warm through. Season well.
4. Place the tomatoes, avocado, coriander, chilli, spring onion and lime into a bowl and mix well.
5. Tip on to the tomato mixture, season well and stir.
6. Spoon into bowls and top with the crispy batter pieces if desired.
Try it with this mushy pea guacamole
- 2 pots of mushy peas
- ½ finely chopped red onion
- Add some chopped chilli
- The juice of 1 lime
- Some olive oil
- Plenty of salt and black pepper
To make, simply mix all he ingredients together.
Also try: Phil's twice-cooked chips with spices and fresh mint