Try Gino's tasty "Salmone in camicia" made with tasty leeks and paprika for a full-on flavour.
2 skinless salmon fillets, approx. 100g each
1 large leek, trimmed and finely chopped
80g ricotta cheese
½ tsp of smoked paprika
1 tbsp of olive oil
6 sheets of filo pastry, 20 x 20cm
15g unsalted butter, melted
2 large round tomatoes
Salt to taste
1. Cook the leek in a large frying pan, over a medium heat, with 2 tbsp of water and the oil for 10 minutes until softened. Season with salt and stir occasionally.
2. Remove from the pan and leave to cool in a large bowl.
3. Mix in the ricotta cheese and the paprika.
4. Preheat the oven to 200C.
5. To assemble the parcels, brush a sheet of pastry with melted butter, than lay 2 more sheets on top, brushing between each layer.
6. Place a salmon fillet in the centre, season with a pinch of salt then top with half the ricotta mix followed by half of the leek mixture.
7. Fold the ends over the top; pull up the sides and scrunch together to enclose.
8. Brush both of the parcels with a little melted butter.
9. Place onto a lightly greased baking sheet and cook in the middle of the oven for 25 minutes until browned and crisp.
10. With the help of a sharp knife, cut the tomatoes in round slices, approx. ½ cm thick. Arrange the slices between two serving plates; overlap the slices of tomato to get a circle in the middle of the plate.
11. Place the salmon parcels on top of the tomatoes and serve.