It's Love Week, and Gino D'Acampo has challenged himself to take two hapless husbands incapable of cooking a romantic meal to become masters of the kitchen ahead of Valentine's Day - with their wives on hand to taste test the finished goods!
2 skinless salmon fillets (approx 100g each)
2 leeks (trimmed and chopped)
100g mascarpone cheese
2 knobs of salted butter
6 sheets of filo pastry (20 x 20cm)
30g unsalted butter (melted)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the leeks in a large frying pan with 3 tablespoons of water and 2 knobs of butter for approximately 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and stir occasionally.
2. Remove from the pan and leave to cool in a bowl
3. Once cooled down, mix in the mascarpone cheese
4. To assemble the parcels, brush a sheet of pastry with melted butter, than lay 2 more sheets on top, brushing between each layer.
5. Place a salmon fillet in the centre, season with salt and pepper then spoon over half of the leek mixture
6. Fold the ends over the top, pull up the sides and scrunch together to enclose
7. Brush both of the parcels with melted butter
8. Place onto a lightly greased baking sheet, then cook in the middle of a preheated oven at 200º for 25 minutes until browned and crisp.
9. Serve with French bean, mint and goat's cheese salad