Resident This Morning chef Phil Vickery has taken one of the most popular ingredients - beef - and is showing us how to cook it in three delicious ways, proving there's more to this meat than mince. In this recipe, we'll be enjoying the sunny, spicy tastes of lime, coriander and chilli in a Tex Mex burrito.
400g cooked chuck steak, simmered as in the simple beef stew recipe
4 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic
6 spring onions, finely chopped
1 medium red chilli, finely chopped
juice and zest 4 large limes
2 large ripe avocados, pasted with a fork
2-3 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
250g cooked, warm long grain rice
225ml sour cream
4 soft flour tortillas
1. Heat the oil in a pan and garlic, onions, chilli and soften for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the beef and lime juice and gently simmer covered for 8-10 minutes.
3. Once the beef is warmed through, do not overcook, season well and cool slightly. The juice will be almost gone. Season well with salt and pepper.
4. When ready to serve place a tortilla onto a chopping board.
5. Add a spoon or two of avocado paste and spread slightly, sprinkle with chopped coriander couple of spoons of rice.
6. Top with a little warmed beef and sour cream, wrap and eat.