Try this delicious dish that will warm you up on these cold winter days!
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 good quality sausages
1 large onion, peeled and sliced
2 eating apples, cored and cut into wedges
500g medium potatoes, washed and cut into wedges
2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
200ml chicken stock
1. Pre-heat oven to 190c
2. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and brown the sausages for a couple of minutes, then remove from the pan and set aside.
3. In the same pan sauté the onions until softened, then add the potatoes and apples and cook for a few more minutes.
4. Place everything in an ovenproof dish, with approximately 150ml of the stock and the thyme, cover with foil and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes remove the foil, add more stock if the mixture seems to need it, ie, sticking to the pan/drying up a little. Return to the oven for a further 15-20 minutes, until everything is golden brown and cooked through and the potatoes are tender.
6. Remove the thyme sprigs before serving.