A warming meal for all the family that will help keep them all in shape as well.
480g lean chicken breast
1 carrot medium
1 onion medium raw
8 sprigs parsley fresh
8 tsp cornflour
2 chicken stock cube - low salt
4 tsp dried mixed herbs
200g puy/ green lentils - ready cooked
1. Heat a large pan over a medium heat.
2. Add in a splash of oil and the sliced onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until the onion is soft.
3. Then add in the diced chicken and sliced carrot and fry until the chicken has turned white.
4. Add in the water, stockcube, dried herbs, drained lentils and diced potatoes and stir well.
5. Bring to the boil and leave to simmer with a lid on for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are fully cooked.
6. Taste and season as required with salt and pepper.
7. Mix a little cornflour with some cold water and slowly stir into the hotpot until the sauce has thicken nicely - only use what you need, don’t add it all if it isn't needed.
8. Serve in a bowl or plate with the chopped parsley sprinkled over.