To conclude This Morning's Crime Week, Shadow Home Secretary Yvette Cooper joins us in the Studio to respond to This Morning's Crime Survey statistics.
She also answers viewers questions on crime and responds to points raised by Home Secretary Theresa May when she joined us last week.
THIS MORNING CRIME SURVEY RESULTS:
- 78% feel less safe now (on the streets and at home) than they did 10 years ago
- 78% of parents WOULD NOT let their children under 10 play on the street on their own
- Only 1/4 of us feel really safe in our home
- 83% of people would use force to protect their home
- 80% of people DO NOT feel confident police will investigate a minor crime
- Almost half DON'T THINK police in the UK should be armed
- Nearly three quarters (73%) think sentences for violent crime are not strong enough
- 76% of people believe that life should mean life
- 70% think crime rates have risen in the last year