With the school Easter holidays fast approaching, Jenni Falconer says now is the perfect time to get away from it all with the family.
However, with so many options out there, it is sometimes difficult to know where to go and what the best deals are.
But fear not, our travel guru, Jenni Falconer is here to share her top Easter escapes for you and your family, from a magical break in Majorca to a heavenly holiday with Haven closer to home.
VIVA TROPIC - ALCUDIA, MAJORCA
* The Viva Tropic is an attractive aparthotel with lots to offer families and great value for money over the Easter break. With its own kids club and complete daytime and evening entertainment programme, both kids and big kids are well catered for.
* The mini splash park with water features and a large pirate ship are perfect for children and accompany the free-form swimming pool, sun terrace and an adult-only relaxation zone with its own pool and Balinese beds for grown-ups.
* In addition to the entertainment programme there is a fantastic array of activities including football, volleyball, mini-golf, table tennis, and a pool table to keep families active, plus a fitness zone, sauna, whirlpool to relax.
* There's also a water park and natural wetlands area nearby, plus the Alcudia Old Town for families who want to see more outside the hotel itself.
* Positioned within easy reach of the amenities in Alcudia and situated just 200 metres from the gorgeous beach of Puerto De Alcudia.
* The hotel was recently renovated in 2009 and is suitable for the whole family right in the heart of the shopping and entertainment district.
* This deal is from the Co-operative Travel and includes 7 nights from £1,386 for a family of 4 (children up to age of 12 years) staying at the 4 star Viva Tropic in Alcudia on self-catering, flying from Manchester on the 2nd April 2013.
* Accommodation is a 1-bedroom apartment with separate twin bedroom, living area and two sofa beds. It sleeps 2-4 people. It has a TV, radio, kitchenette with fridge, microwave, kettle and toaster - perfect for self-catering needs.
Viva Tropic, Majorca / From £1,386 for a family of four / Co-operative Travel
HOLIDAY INN, ARMACAO DE PERA - THE ALGARVE, PORTUGAL
* Independent luxury tour operator, Prestige Holidays, has a fantastic deal for families and couples looking to jet off to the sun this Easter and throughout April.
* Enjoy a seven night stay at the four star beachfront Holiday Inn in Armacao de Pera in the Algarve for just £347 per person or £1388 for a family of four (2 adults and 2 children) and £694 for two.
* The holiday includes a Tuesday return flight from Southampton Airport or a Thursday return flight from Exeter Airport with Flybe, seven nights B&B accommodation in one or two landview twin rooms and airport transfers.
* Seaview rooms with a balcony & half-board is available at a supplementary charge. Departures from other UK airports are available on request. Breaks must be booked by Friday 22 March for travel completed by the end of April.
* The Holiday Inn in Armacao de Pera offers a superb location with direct access to the beautiful beach of Armacao de Pera and is just a 15-minute stroll from the Old Town and Fisherman's Beach.
* Each of the hotel's 185 rooms have air conditioning, satellite TV, Wi-fi, safe, mini bar, hair dryer and tea and coffee making facilities.
* The hotel offers a choice of restaurants including the famous Raj Indian restaurant.
* Other facilities include an outdoor pool and the Bar Boa Vista - perfect for sunset cocktails. There is also an entertainment programme.
* The Algarve offers over 3,000 hours of sun a year and features stunning beaches and a range of activities including: deep sea fishing, tennis, horse riding, water sports and great walking opportunities.
Holiday Inn, Armacao De Pera, Portugal / From £1,388 for a family of four / prestigeholidays.co.uk
THE 4SUN HOLIDAY VILLAGE ALIATHON - CYPRUS
* The Holiday Village Aliathon, with its whitewashed buildings and unique Greek style is an original in the Holiday Village collection.
* The complex has everything holidaymakers need with a great pool, an array of restaurants and lots of activities
* It is conveniently located right on the beach and is a fantastic family resort.
* First Choice offers seven night holidays to Cyprus staying at the 4Sun Holiday Village Aliathon on an all-inclusive basis from £669 per adult, from £339 for the first child and from £493 for the second. The price is based on a family of four sharing, and includes flights departing from London Gatwick airport on 30 March 2013 and transfers.
4Sun Holiday Village Aliathon, Cyprus / From £1,994 for a family of four / firstchoice.co.uk
COSMOS HOLIDAYS - ORLANDO, FLORIDA
* Cosmos Holidays has a choice of Florida holidays for Easter, including a trip to the Orlando theme parks.
* Cosmos is offering a two-week holiday staying at the 3 diamond rated Maingate Lakeside Resort in Kissimmee, close to all the action in Orlando from £825 per person. The price includes return flights from Manchester, 14 nights room only accommodation based on a family of four sharing a standard room and basic car hire with third party liability, unlimited mileage and economy 2 door car (air conditioned). A fully inclusive car insurance package is available from £15 per day.
* The Maingate Lakeside Resort offers a warm family friendly welcome and boasts a great location less than two miles away from Walt Disney World Resort. It offers lovely views out over a large lake creating a spacious feel and there are excellent on site facilities including three pools, plus 2 for the younger family members. There is also a choice of on site dining facilities and even a complimentary shuttle bus service to the Disney theme parks.
* Maingate Lakeside Resort is up to 15 miles from SeaWorld, Universal Orlando Resort, Walt Disney World Resort
* Also available through Cosmos is an Orlando Flexticket with 14 days of unlimited admission to 5 theme parks; Seaworld Orlando, Wet n Wild - Orlando, Universal Studios, Universal's Islands of Adventure and Orlando's newest theme park, Aquatica. Priced from £185 per adult and £175 per child.
* Average temperatures at end of March/beginning of April are from 24-27 degrees Celsius
Cosmos Holidays, Florida / From £825 per person
FINLAND FAMILY BREAK
* The Mighty Fine Company specialises in family holidays to Scandinavia.
* For a fun-packed winter break nowhere offers more than northern Finland's beautiful natural wilderness.
* The winter activity break is in the pristine setting of Iso-Syöte, which is just below Lapland.
* Families can stay in a stylish hotel or beautiful log cabin and can choose from a wide range of fabulous winter activities including snowmobiling, snowshoe hiking, husky safaris and ice fishing - you may even see the incredible Northern Lights and be able to spot reindeer.
* A winter activity break in Finnish Lapland would not be complete without a thrilling snowmobile safari across the pristine Arctic wilderness. Zip over sparkling landscapes to meet the pack of adorable huskies that will eagerly lead you on a 6km safari, once you have been given instructions on how to guide them.
* Hotel rooms are £593 for an adult and £453 for a child. Cabins are £671 for an adult and £634 for a child
- Return flights with Finnair from UK to Oulu, Kuusamo or Rovaniemi via Helsinki
- All airport taxes and security charges
- Private return transfers between the airport and hotel (approximately 2 hours)
- 4 nights in chosen accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis
- Free use of hotel's swimming pool and sauna
- Free snowmobile safari to the wilderness for all departures in April 2013
Finland / From £593 for an adult & £453 for a child / mightyfinecompany.com
HAVEN HOLIDAYS - NATIONWIDE
* Escape to the seaside with Haven this Easter with egg hunts and Easter bonnet parades and if the weather isn't so good there's lots of indoor fun too with heated indoor pools, play areas and free kids clubs with lots of fun activities organised by the Haven Funstars
* There are 35 parks to choose from around the country's coastline
* There is plenty of evening entertainment too - they have a new take on an old seaside classic - Punch and Judy are joined by Rory the Tiger and evening shows are a plenty with Z Stomp a brand new Latin infused dance party for all ages and abilities, and live performances from old favourites Ray Lewis and TV talent show stars Danyl Johnson, Kevin Cruise and Jamie Archer.
* Fabulous New activities for 2013 include: Pool Kayaking and snorkelling, Bushcraft where kids will learn the essentials of wilderness survival - how to collect and purify water, build shelters and light fires (all supervised of course), and organised games like rounders and Frisbee.
* Easter Breaks from just £249 (Saving £70) for a 3 night break in standard accommodation sleeping up to six people at selected Haven Parks including Caister in Norfolk on 29 March. The price also includes your entertainment, use of heated indoor pools, sports activities and kids clubs. 23 parks also offer touring and camping facilities.
Haven, Nationwide / From £249
HOSEASONS - NATIONWIDE
* Activity breaks are increasingly popular with British holidaymakers, as they allow the whole family to get out and do things together, whether it's high adrenaline sports like white water rafting or quad biking, or more relaxing activities such as short mat bowls or horse riding, these kind of breaks are ideal for Easter, because in general they are weather-proof!
* Hoseasons launched its Go Active Activity Breaks programme three years ago, and it has proven so popular that it has more than trebled in size since, making it the biggest range of activity holidays in the UK, available at 16 flagship holiday parks from Cornwall to the Northern Highlands of Scotland.
* The breaks offer a wide range of activities to suit everyone from complete beginners to keen amateurs, and from high-octane adventure through to a more chilled and steady pace. The 16 Go Active parks have professionally trained activity leaders with a wealth of experience, and the programme is supported by national sporting governing bodies, including Archery GB, British Fencing, British Gymnastics, British Sub Aqua Club and the English Table Tennis Association.
* There are six categories of activities on offer:
- Ready Steady Go': a programme for children to enjoy swimming, cycling and a FUNdamentals programme supported by British Gymnastics
- 'Go Wild': adrenalin-pumping activities including White Water Rafting and Rock Climbing
- 'Go Pro': professional coaching in sports such as Archery and Fencing
- 'Go Discover': opportunities for horse riding and mountain biking
- 'Go Slow': more leisurely activities including short mat bowls, petanque and sports massage
- 'Go Juniors': a tailor-made programme combining entertainment and activities for children aged 3-7, with activities such as Mini Musketeers, Pirates Paradise and FUNdamentals
* One of the Go Active parks is Finlake Lodges (footage) at Newton Abbott in South Devon. Set in 130 acres of beautiful countryside on the edge of Dartmoor, Finlake has outstanding leisure facilities including indoor and outdoor swimming pools (with water flumes), a health and leisure club, and its own pitch and putt course and fishing lakes.
* Activities on offer here include archery, fencing and crossbow, climbing, abseiling and high ropes, horse riding, Water Walkerz and raft building, as well as a full Go Juniors programme.
* Accommodation is in woodland lodges and timber clad holiday homes, all double glazed and heated, and some with private hot tubs.
- A three night break starting Friday 5th April for a family of four from £324
- A four night break starting Monday 8th April for a family of four from £324
- A seven night break starting Saturday 6th April for a family of four from £459
Go Active activities are charged as taken; example costs:
- A 1.5 hour archery lesson with an Archery GB activity leader: £12
- A 1.5 hour fencing lesson with a British Fencing activity leader: £12
- A 3 hour caving expedition: £15
- A round of pitch and putt: £3.50
- A one hour horse riding session: £15
Hoseasons, Nationwide / From £324 for a family of four
TREGARTHEN'S HOTEL - ST. MARY'S, ISLES OF SCILLY
* Where better to spend Easter than Tregarthen's on St Mary's in the Isles of Scilly? Enjoy first class cuisine and sea views that will take your breath away.
* Take a four or more night break between 28th March and 15th April and enjoy a 10% discount on published rates (from £108pp - normally from £120pp per night on dinner, bed and breakfast basis).
* Children accommodated over this period will be charged at only £15.00 per night and will all receive an easter egg!
* Stay over the Easter Weekend and enjoy various activities including an Easter Egg Hunt on Easter Sunday.
Tregarthen's Hotel, Isles of Scilly / From £246 for a family of four