Glowing gorgeous: Jennifer Lawrence, by Sarah Jagger
Smoky eyes and nude pink lips are are always a winning formula on the red carpet but here, its Jennifers glowing complexion that really steals the show.
Get the look
The Glowing Complexion
- The first step in creating a fresh glow is to use a hydrating primer like Hourglass N.28 Primer Serum £28.00 uk.spacenk.com
- Use a foundation that doesn't look like you're wearing it! Revlon's new Nearly Naked foundation £8.99 glides on with fingertips and blends seamlessly into the skin. www.boots.com
- Dab a nude pink cream blush onto the apples of the cheeks (smiling will help to pronounce them so it’s easier to see where to apply.) Try Nars Cream Blush in Penny Lane £21.00. www.narscosmetics.co.uk
The Speedy Smoky eye
- Take time consuming blending out of the equation by choosing a cream, stick eye shadow like Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes in Curvaceous Coal £16.00. It’s a doddle to apply and won’t budge once dry. Glide above the upper lash line and smudge any rough edges with a brush or cotton bud. www.clinique.co.uk
- Rim the waterline (the inner part of the lower lash line) with a water resistant kohl pencil like Bobbi Brown Longwear Eye Pencil in jet £17.50. www.bobbibrown.co.uk
- Smoky eyes need to be framed with killer lashes. Try Mac Opulash Optimum Black £14.00- a blacker than black volumising mascara for those who like lashes to look their fullest. www.maccosmetics.co.uk
Opt for a sheer lipstick
- Transparent lip colours help make lips look their fullest and are so easy to use that you can even reapply thought the day or night without using a mirror. Take Jennifer's lead and choose a colour that's just one shade deeper than your natural lip colour. I love Lipstick Queen Saint Lipstick in Pinky Nude £18.00 uk.spacenk.com
Adele by Heidi Scarlett King
She sets the world alight with her music and with this bold and beautiful red carpet look, follows suit in the make-up world too! Adele always has that perfect polished look For any awards ceremony but with this winning look, she takes my first place in the make-up stakes for the evening. Here's how to get her look.
As they always say, it's all In the preparation!To get your skin looking Oscar-winning, start with the best of the best in BB Creams by De'cleor (Hydra Flora BB cream, £33,pre-orders avail. Out in May) massaging into the face evenly to give an injection of Botanical goodness, SPF protection and a soft-focus, light reflecting effect to the skin.
Add a luxuriously creamy and good-coverage foundation to go the extra mile all-night with Bourjois' New & Improved Healthy Mix Serum (£10).
Contour the edges of the face with MAC Mineralise skin finish in Medium Dark (£21) & buff a neutral-peachy tone Blush into the apple of the cheeks, such as the stunning Paul & Joe Creamy cheek powder in No.3 (£18.50)
To get this come-hither eye look I'd go straight to this beautiful New Urban Decay Oz Great and Powerful Theadora Limited edition Palette. So many looks to be created from this one Palette & it also includes a Waterproof Eyeliner & Lip colour. (£35). This look wouldn't be complete without some Glamourous False lashes like Boots own in Natural Volume(£4).
It wouldn't be a Red carpet without a Red Lip and the perfect one for the Wow-factor is the By Terry Rouge Terribly in Red Ceremony lipstick (£31). uk.spacenk.com
Hollywood hair by Hayley Sparkes
To create Hollywood waves as seen on Reese Witherspoon check out:
Enrapture Extremity Heated Rollers: These clever fast working heated rollers can be used to create long lasting volume and waves for those who want ultra glamour and style. They heat up in just two minutes! The velvety rollers and butterfly clips secure hair in place, leaving you with enough time to beautify yourself in the mirror whilst they are cooling. Hair will be left with high volume and gorgeous curls and will stay in place for hours.
The Enrapture range is available from stockists nationwide including Boots, Selfridges, John Lewis, Very.co.uk, Next, Debenhams and Argos, RRP £59.99
If you prefer your hair smooth and sleek like Anne Hathaway the Awapuhi Wild Ginger™ Smooth Boutique Box contains Keratin protein which is a vital element in strong healthy hair. The special ingredient KeraTriplex™ within these products is an exclusive blend of isolated keratin proteins specially designed to repair and seal damaged hair. It's the most effective keratin protein available in hair care today.
This Boutique kit contains:
Moisturizing Lather Shampoo®, 100 ml
Keratin Cream Rinse®, 100 ml
Keratin Intensive Treatment®, 100 ml
HydroMist Blow-out Spray™ 25 ml
Styling Treatment Oil®, 25 ml
Finishing Spray™, 75 ml
RRP £39.95 each
If like our national treasure Adele you want to create a glamorous look with loose waves and plenty of body, simply put your hair in sleep rollers before you go to bed. These clever rollers flatten like sponge when you lay down (letting you sleep in comfort) then wake up the next day with hair full of body and bounce! www.sleepinrollers.com, RRP £17.95