Always fancied yourself as a bit of a fashion designer? Well now's your chance to shine as we launch our nationwide search for the perfect party dress for the Christmas Season.
The winning dress will be sold in selected stores and online, at high street retailer John Lewis, leading up to the Christmas season.
Judging the competition are Amy Molyneaux and Percy Parker of fashion label PPQ; Jo Hooper, Head of Buying, Womenswear at John Lewis and This Morning’s fashion expert & stylist Faye
The winning dress must be suitable for sale in John Lewis; as Jo explains: “We’re looking for a party dress that fits well, appeals to a variety of ages and sizes and is suitable for the current fashion market.”
Below are some guidance notes we hope will help with your entry:
- 1. Make sure you read all the Terms and Conditions of the competition; we know it’s a pain, but they are really important!
- 2. The design of your dress must be completely original. The design you submit must not be copied from another design or be copyrighted or trademarked. Please do not use patterns or prints
- 3. Your design will be judged on affordability, so we advise that your dress be made from one or a combination of the following fabric bases: Georgette, Chiffon, Polyester Sateen, Polyester Crepe, Organza, Structured Ponte, Drapery Jersey
- 4. Please make sure you’re available on all the following dates:
Thursday 20th September
Monday 24th September
Tuesday 25th September
Thursday 27th September
Plus entrants will be required live in the studio during the week commencing 8th October
- 5. If you’re looking for inspiration, why not check out the high street
- 6. The design of your dress must consider both the front and back
The competition is now closed.
Entrants must be 18 or over and entries must be received by 12.30pm on Friday 14th September
2012. Please read the full terms & conditions