Amazing Millionaire Facts
Check out our five amazing facts about Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?
• Five contestants have won £1million in the UK since the show was first transmitted on September 4, 1998.
• The oldest contestant to win a prize on the show was 75 years old and the youngest was sweet 16.
• The celebrity version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? has featured almost 300 stars, including Lord Sugar, Emma Watson and Simon Cowell.
• Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? has been broadcast in 118 countries around the world, from Afghanistan to Kazakhstan and Uganda.
• John Carpenter, the first winner in the United States, opted to use his “Phone-A- Friend” lifeline on the $1 million question to ring his father and tell him that he knew the answer and was about to become a millionaire!