Privacy Notice and Cookies Policy
Your data is important. It’s important to us, and we understand that it’s important to you. ITV is committed to safeguarding your information in line with the latest data protection and privacy laws. We also want to be transparent about what information we collect about you, how we use it, and how you can control what we do with this information.
About this notice
This privacy notice covers the collection and use of personal information in this website (“the Site”). This information will be used by ITV and parties that we authorise, such as our suppliers and subcontractors. We’ve set out below more detail on what information we collect about you and how we use that information. Please read this privacy notice so you know what we are doing with your information.
What information do we collect?
- If you have accepted the use of functional/analytics cookies on the Site then we will collect information about how you use the Site
- When you contact us or provide us with information about the Site or otherwise at any other point (for instance, when you contact us with an enquiry, request or feedback), we will collect information about this so we can respond to or deal with your enquiry, request or feedback.
When and how do we collect information?
We (or our authorised third parties) may collect information about you:
- when you contact us for instance, when you contact us with an enquiry, request or feedback;
- when we are checking compliance with the Terms and Conditions of Use and/or otherwise as required by law.
What we do with it
We collect information about how you use the Site to find out such things as the number of visitors to the various parts of the Site. This information is only processed in a way that does not directly identify anyone. We use the information to understand visitor numbers, see if our Site is working and to make improvements to our Site. The information collected is classed as personal data because Google assigns a unique identifier to each visitor. We do not otherwise share personal data with Google.
We’ll only process your personal information where we have legal grounds to do so. Generally, we’ll only process your personal information on the following grounds:
- you have given your consent for the processing - you always have the right to withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent to us processing sensitive personal data, we will stop processing this data;
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party (including our Terms and Conditions of Use);
- the processing is necessary in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract (including our Terms and Conditions of Use);
- the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation placed on us, or one of our authorised third parties;
- the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will keep your personal information for only as long as necessary, which is longer in some cases than in others. The length of this retention period depends on the purpose for which the information was obtained and its nature. For example:
- We may need to keep some personal information about you so that we can deal with any complaints you might make about the Site.
- We may need to keep personal information so that we can defend possible future legal claims.
Do we use any third parties?
We use Google Analytics to collect statistics about your visit to the Site. You can read more about this in the Cookies section below.
Our Site is run by Fun in Elk City Limited.
What are cookies and similar technologies?
Cookies are small text files stored by your browser (a browser is the software on your device which enables you to access the internet). The cookie stores a unique identifier (a string of random characters) so that your browser can be singled out from other browsers to show you the information you want (for example, the episode of the programme you want to watch on our streaming service). And it is often used to link your browser to databases that hold data about your online behaviour and inferred interests, along with other data such as your IP address or device ID.
Essential: these cookies are necessary for the Site to work. Without these cookies, we would not be able to provide you with the Site. They also help with the following:
Performance and functionality: we will only drop these cookies if you accepted these on your device. We use Google Analytics which is an analytics and measurement service provided by Google. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate use of the Site. Google Analytics records visits to our Site to help us know:
- the date and time of visits and which other sites visitors have come from,
- which parts of the Site are most popular,
- what browsers are used (so we can maximise compatibility),
- the country or region where our users are located,
You can find out more about how Google uses data at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en-GB. You can also install a browser plugin - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaopout to opt out from Google Analytics across all websites you visit (including ITV websites).
We do not (and neither do we allow Google to) use your name or email for measurement or analytical purposes.
How do I manage cookies?
You will be asked to choose which cookie purposes you allow when you first visit the Site, when we periodically refresh the cookies used, and/or when we periodically ask you to review your preferences. We will ask for your consent again if any new types of cookies are added. You can manage or change your cookie settings used by clicking the cookie icon in the bottom left of the screen. You cannot exercise controls over Essential cookies.
What are your rights?
Any personal information you supply will be treated in accordance with applicable data protection laws including the UK General Data Protection Regulation and the UK Data Protection Act 2018 any other applicable or superseding legislation. We are committed to delivering the rights that individuals are entitled to under data protection laws in the UK. These include:
- the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org making clear that you are requesting a copy of your personal information and including full details of what you require. You may also be required to submit proof of your identity.
- the right to object to your personal information being processed where the legal basis for the processing is our or ITV’s legitimate interests as a business (see “How will we use your information?” section above). We will comply with such a request unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so, such as when we need to continue to process your information to defend a legal claim or if this information is necessary for the ongoing provision of our services.
- the right to rectification. You may request that we correct any inaccurate and/or complete any incomplete personal information. the right to withdraw consent. Where we are processing your personal information on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com the right of erasure. You may request that we erase your personal information and we will comply, unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so.
- the right to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may request that we provide your personal information to you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and have it transferred to another provider of the same or similar services to us. Where this right is applicable, we will comply with such transfer as far as it is technically feasible.
- the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. We suggest that you contact us about any questions or if you have a complaint in relation to how we process your personal information. However, the Information Commissioner’s Office in the United Kingdom (“ICO”) regulates our processing of your personal data and you do have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO. Details of how to contact the ICO can be found on the ICO website at ico.org.uk.
- the European Commission has determined that an adequate level of protection for personal information is in place in the country to which we transfer your data;
- standard data protection clauses as adopted by the European Commission are in place governing the transfer (you can view the standard clauses on the European Union’s legal website at eur-lex.europa.eu).
What this privacy notice does not cover
This privacy notice does not cover companies, services or applications that we don’t own or control, or people that we don’t employ or manage. This includes (without limitation) third party websites that are linked to our Site.
Also, it doesn’t cover certain pages and services provided via our Site that are hosted, managed and operated by other parties. These third parties, applications and services are wholly independent of us and are solely responsible for all aspects of their relationship with you and any use you may make of them. They may have their own privacy notices and/or terms and conditions of use, which we recommend you read before using.
Service providers based outside Europe
Generally, we will only process your data in the UK as data protection and other laws of such countries may not be as comprehensive as those in the UK. If we do engage a new supplier located, or with servers that are located, outside the UK or the European Economic Area then we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure your information is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice. We‘ll only transfer your personal information to a territory outside of the European Economic Area under the following circumstances:
ITV Services Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (registered number 229607) with registered office at White City, 201 Wood Lane, London, United Kingdom, W12 7RU.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Copyright ITV plc