The ITV Acquisitions team source and licence finished programmes for both the linear and online ITV portfolio - consisting of ITV1, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, ITVBe, ITVX and Britbox - and look for content in most genres across Drama, Comedy, Factual, Kids and Film. We are also looking for co-production and pre-buy scripted opportunities for ITVX with a focus on the following genres, comedy that is either young or male skewing, premium thrillers that are compelling and gripping and supernatural/ sci-fi that is grounded in reality. A non-uk commissioning broadcaster should be attached and talent that resonates with a UK audience is key. Please note we are not acquiring any foreign language content (including dubbed or subtitled) at present.
OUR CURRENT REQUIREMENTS
ITVX is our free to view, integrated streaming platform. We aim to super serve our core viewers but also offer content that wouldn't traditionally fit within our suite of linear channels. At present we are focusing on the following key areas.
- Scripted Drama: First run big, glossy and noisy drama and well loved library titles covering a range of genres such as crime, thriller, sci-fi and fantasy. Primarily from the US but we are also open to considering series from Canada, Australia and New Zealand. eg THE TWELVE, LOVE & DEATH, THE UNDOING, SMALLVILLE, ONE TREE HILL, MR ROBOT
- Scripted Comedy: First run and library young skewing comedy with relatively broad appeal. We are interested in both live action and animated mediums. eg SEX LIVES OF COLLEGE GIRLS, SUPERSTORE, 30 ROCK, EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS
- Pre-Buys and Co-Productions: We are looking for scripted opportunities for ITVX with a focus on the following genres, comedy that is either young or male skewing, premium thrillers that are compelling and gripping and supernatural/ sci-fi that is grounded in reality. The stage in which we would get involved is when a project has been commissioned by a non-UK broadcaster and well-known talent that resonates with a UK audience has been attached.
- Factual Docs: Wide appealing or youth skewing documentaries with high production values and unique angles featuring iconic people, interesting events or true crime stories that have strong resonance with a UK audience eg LADYBOSS: THE JACKIE COLLINS STORY and FRAMING BRITNEY SPEARS, FYRE: THE GREATEST PARTY THAT NEVER HAPPENED, HOLLYWOOD BULLDOGS and ITV2's SOCIAL MEDIA MURDERS
- Entertainment: We are open to series in the glossy reality/ property space - eg BELOW DECK, MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT, SELLING SUNSET
ITV2 is our Entertainment channel aimed at 16-34s. We are open to US network and English language scripted comedy and drama that speaks to our target audience.
Current titles on the channel include FAMILY GUY, BOB’S BURGERS, SUPERSTORE and SEX LIVES OF COLLEGE GIRLS. We are also open to big budget/mainstream entertainment shows; current titles on the channel in this vein include HELL’S KITCHEN US, THE MASKED SINGER US and NINJA WARRIOR AUSTRALIA
ITV3 is aimed at an ABC1, 35+ audience, and we look for UK dramas and one-off miniseries that would appeal to this demographic.
ITV4 is squarely aimed at the male viewer. For the channel we look for American/ Canadian/ Australian male-skewing factual entertainment series, with the emphasis on entertainment, that are either strongly formatted e.g. RIVER MONSTERS or THE CAR YEARS or contain an element of process such as PAWN STARS, JUNK AND DISORDERLY or GIANT LOBSTER HUNTERS. We also consider classic drama for daytime and programming that would complement the wide range of sports on the channel such as SNOOKER, DARTS, FOOTBALL and MOTOR RACING
ITVBe is our female-skewed lifestyle channel. We are looking for non-scripted glossy, aspirational, fun reality and lifestyle series (not single docs) from the US/ Canada to sit alongside shows such as REAL HOUSEWIVES franchises, BOTCHED and BUYING AND SELLING . Either series with distinctive characters, or something with a strong format (dating shows, plastic surgery, motherhood, home improvement, food challenge and glamorous makeovers). Ideally all content should be exclusive UK premieres, but we will consider sharing with a smaller pay TV Channel.
ITVX Kids is our dedicated children's content area of online streaming platform ITVX. It hosts programming aimed at pre-school (See LittleBe below) and 6-12 year olds. For this age group we are looking for animation of all genres and all demographics that would sit alongside such shows as Lego Ninjago, Mr Bean, Scooby-Doo, Barbie and Tara Duncan. For live-action we are open to all genres with a strong emphasis on entertainment such as Ninja Warrior Jnr, Detention Adventure and All Round Champion.
We aren't looking for any educational or non English language programming.
LittleBe is our dedicated pre-school brand that sits as a 3 hour block on ITVbe and is aimed at 2-5 year olds. We are looking for animated and live action programming but our preference is for UK voiced content and recognisable IPs. We aren't looking for any curriculum based educational content.
BritBox is our British-focused SVOD service. We are looking for the best of British programming both classic and recent. On the series front we are particularly interested in drama focused on crime but we are open to a wide range of scripted genres. Library gems ranging from sitcoms to retro children’s shows are also welcome.
For non scripted content we are looking for feature length British documentaries such as GERRY ANDERSON: A LIFE UNCHARTED and REEL BRITANNIA, and factual series with a UK focus, especially around royalty, history and crime. We don't acquire game shows, cooking shows, recent children's shows, travelogues or nature documentaries for the service.
Films for the Linear Channels
We typically concentrate on well-known, mainstream Hollywood titles e.g. JAMES BOND, HARRY POTTER, MAMMA MIA, FAST AND THE FURIOUS etc.
Films for ITVX
With over 250 free films available at any one time, the ITVX film page offers a mix of major Hollywood titles both new and old, alongside timeless classics and cult favourites. Popular Oscar and Bafta nominated titles, and familiar foreign-language features (animated or otherwise) are also welcomed. Ideally, content submitted will have HD versions available.
Films for Britbox
For Britbox we are looking for both classic and modern titles that are either set in the UK, such as the Carry Ons or The Iron Lady, or feature UK talent such as The Others or Slumdog Millionaire.
We're looking for ambitious English language single films of scale and high quality that focus on popular subject matters. We prioritise stories with contemporary relevance that also offer exclusive or unusual access to well-known subjects and figures and appeal to a broad audience or special relevance to the UK. For example, one-off documentaries such as MAN ON WIRE, THE LAST BLOCKBUSTER and 1: LIFE ON THE LIMIT. Ideally, titles will have had a theatrical window, although not essential.
What we Aren’t looking for
We are not looking to acquire any wildlife/ travel/ MMA/ science/ history (except for Britbox)/ paranormal/ extreme weather/ fashion/ fitness/ wellbeing/ food/ World War 2/ foreign language drama/ current affairs programming at all for the ITV channels or On Demand platforms.
What to Send Us
Programme info (title/ep count/duration/synopses) and which service you think it is best suited to
Avails lists of relevant content
In development content
Script if available
Contact - firstname.lastname@example.org