Firecracker Corn Quesadillas
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
4 spring onions, chopped, or snipped
1/2 pepper, ideally red, diced
1 large (400g) tin sweetcorn, drained
1 x 400g tin beans, kidney, or black, drained and roughly crushed with a fork, or potato masher
1 lime, zest and juice
1 – 2 tbsp jarred jalapeño peppers, chopped
4 large handfuls grated cheddar cheese
8 tortilla wraps
1 small pot of soured cream (150ml)
1. Preheat the oven to 120C.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a high heat, add the cumin and paprika, spring onion, pepper, sweetcorn, crushed beans and half the lime juice along with a pinch of seasoning and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
3. Mix the soured cream with the remaining juice and the zest.
4. Take a tortilla wrap, 1 handful of cheese and a quarter of the corn mixture. Sprinkle half the cheese over half the the tortilla wrap, then scatter over the corn mixture over the cheese, then sprinkle over the remaining half of the cheese and finally some of the jalapeñothen carefully fold over the other half of the tortilla.
5. Heat a dry frying pan on a high heat. Pop the filled quesadilla onto the pan and cook for a couple minutes on one side, pressing down with a spatula, then flip over carefully and cook for another minute or so, until the cheese is melted. Remove from the heat, and cutinto four. Keep warm by popping on a baking tray and into the oven. Repeat with the remaining tortilla wrap and fillings.