Fully Loaded Potato Skins
4 large baking potatoes, scrubbed and washed
Oil (veg, olive or rapeseed) for rubbing
200g grated cheddar cheese
4 heaped tbsp soured cream
4 spring onions, finely chopped
6 rashers streaky bacon, fried until crisp, crumbled
3 tsp American mustard
2 tbsp chopped chives
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Prick the potatoes a few times with a fork, then rub them all over with a little of the oil, sprinkle with salt and pop onto a baking tray and bake for about 50 minutes to 1 hour until crisp-skinned but fluffy on the inside, then leave to cool.
3. Slice the cooled potatoes in half, length ways and carefully scoop out the innards, popping the fluffy potato into a bowl, leaving a 1cm layer of potato in the skins.
4. To the bowl of fluffy potato, add the cheddar, (setting aside a small amount for the topping), the soured cream, spring onions, bacon (setting aside a small amount for the topping) and the mustard. Mash with a fork, or potato masher then mix together well and season to taste. Spoon the mixture back into the skins, then sprinkle over the reserved cheese and bacon.
5. Pop the skins onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for another 15-20 minutes until golden and bubbling on top, then serve with a sprinkling of the chopped chives.
BUFFALO CHICKEN TWIST:
1 small pack or handful of cooked skinless and boneless chicken,shredded
Cayenne Pepper hot sauce, like Franks
Leave out: bacon
Prepare as Bacon OG until set 4. At step 4, leave out the bacon and instead mix in the chicken along with 2 tbsp of hot sauce. Pop into the skins, sprinkle over the reserved cheese along with a couple extra dashes of hot sauce. Pop into the oven on a baking tray for 15-20mins.
CHEESE & TOMATO TWIST:
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp dried oregano
1 garlic clove, grated
Handful of fresh basil leaves, torn
Handful of extra cheese
Leave out: bacon, mustard, chives
First make the quick tomato sauce, heat the oil in a small saucepan, on a medium heat, the fry the garlic and oregano until the aromas are released, mix in the tomato paste and reduce the heat to low and cook for a couple minutes, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool.
Prepare as Bacon OG until Step 4. At step 4, leave out thebacon and mustard and stir through the quick tomato sauce. Pop into the skins and sprinkle over the reserved (and extra) cheese. Pop into the oven on a baking tray for 15-20mins. To serve, tear over the basil leaves.