If somebody asked me, "what would be your dream place to cook?" Well, the answer is very simple: Venice. And you cannot come to Venice without opening a bottle of prosecco. I'll be using it, along with the crab I bought at the Rialto market, to create a mouth-watering linguine dish.
2tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled and diced
½ red chilli, finely chopped
100g red cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 lemon, zest only
180g fresh white crab meat
60g pitted green olives, cut in half
Bunch of parsley, roughly chopped
1) Cook the linguini in salted boiling water until just cooked through.
2) While the pasta is cooking, add the garlic, olive oil and chilli to a cold pan. Turn the heat on and let the garlic and chilli fry gently for 1 minute.
3) Add the chopped tomatoes, toss and fry for a further 2 minutes until they just start to soften, without going mushy.
4) Crank up the heat to high and add the prosecco. Let it boil up and evaporate to almost nothing.
5) Pile the crab meat, green olives and parsley in to the pan and turn the heat off. Transfer the pasta to the crab sauce with a pair of tongs then toss the whole lot together.
6) Grate over lemon zest and serve up with a glass of fresh, cold prosecco.