|
Weekdays | 6am-9am

Are electrical goods in your child's room putting them at risk?

It's not just kids, it's parents as well

Dominic Littlewood

Children could be putting themselves at risk by not looking after their electrical gadgets in a safe way, new research has found.

Electrical Safety First found that over half of all children they spoke to admitted that they had left their phone, laptop or tablet charging on their bed and almost two in five were guilty of leaving their phones charging under their pillow overnight.

Children have on average 10 electrical items in their bedroom, ranging from fairy lights and hair straighteners to phone chargers and tablets - amounting to almost 25 per cent more electrical items that their parent's generation had in their bedroom when growing up!

So what are the dangers? We spoke to consumer expert Dominic Littlewood, who took a look around 12-year-old Bel's bedroom to see what fire hazards he could find. And he's quick to warn us that it's not just children who are in danger - adults need to be aware too.

You might also like:

|
Weekdays | 6am-9am