Prince Harry and Meghan Markle began their new life in Canada last week, following a shock announcement that they would be giving up their roles as senior royals and become financially independent.
Now, the Duchess of Sussex's father Thomas Markle has branded the move 'embarrassing' during an exclusive interview with Good Morning Britain.
"What they've decided to do, to me, is embarrassing," he told Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid.
"I think when they got married, they married into royalty and they knew what they were getting themselves into - that's been Harry's life and Meghan's had a similar kind of life."
The 75-year-old also alluded to reports that the couple failed to inform The Queen and other senior members of the royal family before making their decision.
He added: "I think they've hurt the Queen, I think they've hurt the royals and it just doesn't work to be going to another country and serving England. It's never going to work."
"I'm a little embarrassed for them and I'm feeling very sorry for The Queen."
Basketball legend Kobe Bryant was killed in a helicopter crash alongside his 13-year-old daughter and seven others.
The crash happened in Calabasas, California at around 10am local time (6pm GMT), killing everyone on board. Officials said the helicopter went down in a remote field, but nobody on the ground was hurt.
Former LA Lakers player Kobe Bryant, 41, was a five-time NBA champion and his daughter, Gianna Bryant, was a promising young player.
Animal Loneliness Champion
WINNER - CUDDLY CAVIES - DIANA TAYLOR
Diana started Cuddly Cavies two years ago when she had to give up work to look after her son who has autism.
Cuddly Cavies provides a pet based therapeutic animal activity for the elderly, disabled or young children.
Diana takes her guinea pigs into care homes across Norfolk to provide the therapy and she believes guinea pigs can help 'revitalise the lives of many elderly people, whether they are disabled, reside in assisted living complexes, are partially sighted or blind, or live with a mental health condition.'
How much do you need to save for your child to go to uni? Mobile piggybacking top sim deals, free McDonalds and £5ish Odeon cinema tickets. These are our Money Saving Expert Martin Lewis’ Tips of the Week.
Remember, deals can change quickly, even while I’m on the programme. So always double-check the terms and conditions before spending. Plus, while I hope these deals will save you cash, don’t spend if you can’t afford it, don’t need it, or won’t use it.
TLC is making a comeback!
Chilli, member of the Crazy, Sexy, Cool chart-topping girl band was talking to Kate Garraway and Ben Shephard live from LA to reveal more about life after the death of Lisa Left Eye - and their exciting plans to celebrate the 25th anniversary of their album CRAZYSEXYCOOL.
They're back in the UK this summer for an exclusive performance at London's 02 Shepherd's Bush Empire on Monday 29th June.
Laurence Fox has defended his controversial comments surrounding the inclusion of a Sikh soldier in the Sam Mendes directed film, 1917.
The actor had said the inclusion of the character was 'incongruous' in an interview with James Delingpole, despite the fact millions of Sikh troops fought side by side with British soldiers.
When asked by Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid about his comments, Fox replied: "I’m not a historian I don’t know."
“I think there were a lot of soldiers from the former empire fighting in World War One. I suppose it would have been less incongruous to me if he had got on the truck to a whole regiment of Sikh soldiers.”
Piers later asked if he had any regrets over the "unfortunate" comments which sparked a huge backlash.
"Do you regret saying that?" Piers asked, adding: "Because out of all of the things you've said in the last two weeks - I've been cheering you on right until that point - but I was like that to me, I didn't really get what you were getting at.
"I felt like it was sort of insulting, actually, to Sikh soldiers who had served. Many, many hundreds of thousands of Indian soldiers who served in World War One. It felt to me as though it was an unfortunate thing to have said."
Prince Harry has insisted that he and the Duchess of Sussex are not walking away, despite giving up their role as senior royals.
Prince Harry made a speech at his Sentebale charity dinner and said he didn’t make the decision lightly and there was ‘no other option’. This comes after it was revealed that the couple will lose their HRH titles and will no longer receive their public funding.
What I want to make clear is, we’re not walking away.