Pub Grub: Trout with herby bulgar wheat
Have you tried trout with herby bulgar wheat? This light dish is a dream to prepare, as it's so simple and quick to rustle up.
Ingredients1 bunch fresh flat leaf parsley, dill and mint finely chopped1 onion, finely chopped1 garlic clove150g bulgar wheatEnough hot chicken stock to cover the bulgar wheatJuice of 1 lemonGenerous drizzle of olive oil4 trout fillets½ tub of creme fraiche1 tbsp horseradish sauce
Method1) Chop the parsley, dill and mint and season with salt and pepper.
2) Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan and fry the onion until soft and golden, add the garlic and cook for a further few minutes.
3) Place the bulgar wheat in a bowl and pour over enough stock to cover.
4) Add the cooked onions and garlic, chopped herbs, olive oil and lemon juice to the bulgar wheat and stir through.
5) Rub the trout fillets with a little oil and fry in a little butter for a couple of minutes each side. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice while the fillets are still in the pan.
6) Mix the creme fraiche with the horseradish sauce until combined.
7) Serve the trout fillets with the herby bulgar wheat and horseradish creme fraiche