Say No To CO
There is nothing quite so heartbreaking in this world as having to bury your own children, it goes against the natural order of how we envisage our lives and every instinct that we have as parents. So when we read about the devastating deaths of Bobby and Christi Shepherd due to carbon monoxide poisoning back in 2006, our hearts and empathy went out to their whole family. We, along with thousands of others across the UK, have followed their case for years as parents Sharon and Neil have fought valiantly for justice. Finally, after a 9 year battle, an inquest last month ruled that Christi and Bobby were unlawfully killed and that Thomas Cook had in-fact breached its care of duty.
All of us here at Loose Women - from the presenters to the production staff - have been truly touched by the dedication of one family to raise awareness of this silent killer. Tragically, nothing can bring back Bobby and Christi, but what we can do is pay testament to their memory and hope to help save other families from suffering the same fate.
So, backed by mum Sharon and thanks to generous donations (from B&Q, FireAngel, Screwfix, Ei Electronics, Kidde, Firehawk, Honeywell and First Alert) we're giving away 1500 portable carbon monoxide alarms on Tuesday 30 June with a further 1500 to follow on Wednesday 1 July.
To get involved with our campaign claim your FREE ALARM now and help keep your loved ones safe this summer.
To claim your alarm just send us an email to email@example.com (please take note of the dot!) with 'Say no to CO' in the subject heading. Please include your full name, postal address and a contact telephone number in the email. We'll then pop an alarm in the post and get it to you within 28 working days. If you do not provide all of these details, we will discount your application.
- Only one application per household for each giveaway.
- Alarms will be allocated to applicants who have provided full details on a 'first come, first served' basis based on the time when we receive the email.
- If we do not give away all 1500 alarms on Tuesday then we will add any remaining alarms to the amount to be given away on Wednesday.
- We are not responsible if any emails are lost, delayed or not received by us.
- We have a variety of makes and models of alarms to give away and do not guarantee that the successful applicants will receive a particular make or model of alarm.
- We will not contact applicants but if you have been successful then your alarm will be sent out by post to the address provided and you should receive it by July 31 2015.
- Not all alarms are provided with batteries. Installation is not included. It is the responsibility of the successful applicants to provide batteries and ensure that they follow the manufacturer or supplier directions for installation.
- If you are successful, we hope that your alarm reaches you in good working order but please check your alarm carefully on receipt and contact the manufacturer or supplier if there are any issues.
- No exchanges or refunds.
- No postal orders.
- Applicants should be aged 18 or over.
Helpline and support:
Supporting the many victims of Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning, their families and friends. covictim.org
CO alarm suppliers:
B&Q and FireAngel - diy.com
Screwfix - screwfix.com
Kidde - kiddesafetyeurope.co.uk
Honeywell - homesafety.honeywell.com
Ei Electronics - eielectronics.com
Firehawk - fireblitz.co.uk
First Alert -firstalert.co.uk