Crystelle's miso leek pasta
Crystelle's delicious miso leek pasta is perfect for the family!
Miso butter leek pasta
1 large leek
3 tbsp olive oil
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
4 cloves garlic
55g unsalted butter, softened
1 tbsp white miso
8 nests of tagliatelle – 140g
Juice of half a lemon
1. Preheat oven to 180C (fan)/gas 4.
2. Top and tail the leek and wash thoroughly. Cut in half lengthways, then finely slice both halves and place in a deep roasting tray with olive oil salt and pepper. Grate in 4 cloves of garlic and toss well to combine.
3. Place in the oven to roast for 15 minutes, rotating the tray halfway and mixing the leeks around.
4. Whilst the leeks are roasting, combine the butter with the white miso. Remove the leeks from the oven and add in the miso butter, and mix well until melted and combined. Place the leeks back in the oven for another 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, boil the tagliatelle in slightly salted boiling water until just al dente.
6. Once the leeks are cooked, place the tray with the leeks on the stovetop on a low heat. Add the pasta directly into the tray, along with some pasta water to loosen. Mix with tongs until a thick sauce is formed, and then turn off the heat.
7. Transfer the pasta to two serving plates, and garnish with freshly cracked black pepper, and a squeeze of fresh lemon.