Joss Stone's jalapeños poppers
We’re headed back to Nashville with Joss Stone and this time her 16 month old daughter Violet joins us too! She’ll be showing us how to make her family’s favourite snack - jalapeno poppers.
To make filling:
225g vegan cream cheese
225g cheddar style shreds
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
4g cup coriander, chopped
three chopped spring onions
To assemble poppers:
5-6 large jalapeños, cut in half and seeds removed
225g plain breadcrumbs
475ml chickpea juice, from 2 cans drained chickpeas
150g plain flour
140ml vegetable oil
1. Stir all filling ingredients together until combined.
2. Arrange breadcrumbs, chickpea juice, and flour in separate bowls.
3. Fill jalapeños with about 2 tablespoons of filling each.
4. One at a time, dip stuffed jalapeño in chickpea juice, then roll in flour, dip in chickpea juice, roll in breadcrumbs, dip in chickpea juice, and roll once again in breadcrumbs.
5. Make sure with each dip into the bowls the jalapeño is fully covered on all sides.
To fry the poppers:1. Heat oil to frying temperature, in a large saute pan or casserole dish.
2. Carefully place poppers in the oil, careful not to crowd the pan, and fry for about 2 minutes on each side, turning once the popper bottoms begin to turn golden brown.
3. Place on a paper-towel lined sheet tray to drain and serve!