Joss Stone's vegan chowder
She won The Masked Singer last year as Sausage, and now Joss Stone is back but this time swapping singing for cooking as she invites us into her kitchen for the first time.
She’ll be sharing her favourite winter dish!
1 large Onion, peeled and diced
2 x sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
Up to 1.5L oat milk
300ml single vegan cream
1 x veggie stock pot
1tbsp yeast flakes
30g vegan margarine
400g tinned sweetcorn, drained
Chopped parsley to serve
French bread to serve
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the diced onions. Sweat until soft.
2. Add the sweet potatoes and saute for a minute then add the milk, vegan cream, stock pot, and yeast flakes. Bring the ingredients to the boil and simmer until the sweet potatoes are just tender.
3. Strain the ingredients into a large jug and reserve the solid ingredients. Wipe the pan clean.
4. Heat the margarine in the clean pan over a medium, high heat. When melted add the flour and stir immediately. Cook for 2 minutes and then gradually pour the strained milk into the mixture making sure to continuously stir to avoid lumps.
5. When the liquid has all been incorporated bring the mixture all back up to the boil.
6. Add the sweetcorn and continue to simmer for a few minutes and check the seasoning.
7. Serve the chowder topped with chopped parsley and with chunks of crusty bread.