Lisa Faulkner's salmon teriyaki with sesame green bean noodles
TV presenter and actress Lisa Faulkner, join forces with some of her famous female friends to cook, but more importantly to celebrate the vital roles female loved ones have played in our lives in the past 18 months and how we should treasure these always!
Salmon teriyaki with sesame green bean noodles
Prep 5 minutes
Cook 10- 20 minutes
100ml soy sauce
70g caster sugar
500g salmon fillet
1 tbsp sesame oil
1. In a pan heat the Mirin, soy sauce, sake and sugar over a low heat until the sugar melts, then turn up the heat and let the liquid bubble until it becomes lovely and sticky. Leave to cool.
2. Place the salmon in a shallow dish, cover with the cooled marinade and set aside.
3. To cook the salmon: Heat a little sesame oil in a frying pan and fry the salmon in its marinade for about 4-5 minutes each side until just cooked but sticky and charred on the outside. Or, place the salmon in a large sheet of foil with the marinade, fold into a parcel with plenty of space to steam and bake at 190C/gas 5 for 20 minutes approximately. Serve with sesame green bean noodles.
Tip - If you want to you can just use a ready-made teriyaki dressing to marinate the salmon.
Sesame green bean noodles
Prep 5 minutes
Cook 10 minutes, approximately
200g dried egg noodles
120g green beans
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp mirin
1 garlic clove, grated
2.5cm piece of ginger, grated
3 tbsp sesame oil
6 spring onions, sliced
Toasted sesame seeds
1. Cook the noodles according to packet instructions.
2. Blanch the green beans for 1 minute in boiling water, then drain and set aside.
3. Whisk together the soy sauce, Mirin, garlic and ginger with 2 tbsp sesame oil.
4. In a large frying pan or wok heat the remaining 1 tbsp sesame oil, add the spring onions then the noodles, beans and sauce. Stir and combine as you heat through. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and serve with the salmon.