Lisa's one-pot prawn and chorizo rice
Lisa Faulkner makes a one-pot prawn and chorizo rice dish perfect for tonight's family tea - and there's hardly any washing up either!
One-pot prawn and chorizo rice
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
60 ml olive oil
1 large onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
200g chorizo sausage, sliced
1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
1 fresh chilli, chopped (optional)
300g good quality long grain rice
Salt and pepper
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
600ml vegetable stock
2 roasted red peppers (from a jar) chopped
300g raw peeled prawns
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
Good handful of coriander leaves
Don't forget to check out Lisa's top cooking tip!
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4
2. Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add onion and garlic. Cook gently, stirring for a couple of minutes. Add the chorizo, paprika and chilli.
3. Stir well, leave for a minute. Pour in the rice and stir again, Season well with salt and pepper.
4. Add the tomatoes, stock and chopped peppers and stir again
5. Put the lid on and bring to the boil
6. Place into the oven and cook for 25 minutes
7. Remove from the oven and carefully lift the lid as it will be really hot, lay the prawns over the top and return to the oven without the lid for 5-10 minutes
8. Squeeze over the lemon juice and zest. Sprinkle with coriander.
TIP: Use the leftovers to make a cold rice salad by adding chopped cucumber, peppers, tomatoes and spinach