Top tips to make the most of your mornings
Don't let the morning rush get the better of you, make the most of your time and follow these simple steps to help you get your day off to a good start.
1. Get organisedPreparation is key. Pack, plan and do as much as you can the night before. Make packed lunches, pick outfits and organise schoolbags to avoid extra work in the morning.
2. The early bird gets the coffeeGetting up 20 minutes before your family and enjoying a quiet coffee in the lull before the storm can get your energy levels ready to stay on top of the morning rush.
3. Get into the grooveFor kids that are naturally slower to get ready and easily distracted, create a playlist so that they know that by the end of their favourite song they should be dressed and ready.
4. Tech-free zoneGadgets such as phones and tablets are a major distraction in the morning. It's best to restrict these distractions until you’re fully ready to go.
5. Make time for breakfastIt’s the most important meal of the day, so make sure you give yourself enough time to prepare a nutritious breakfast that you and the whole family can sit down and enjoy together before going about your day. It’s easy to include fibre-containing foods at breakfast such as fruit, nuts and cereals – choose wholegrain ones wherever possible.