Catherine Tyldesley's sweet apple and blackberry cobbler
Ingredients for the apple and blackberry filling:
4 eating apples, peeled, core removed and chopped
200g frozen or fresh blackberries
1 cinnamon stick
1 lemon, rind removed
2tbsp maple syrup
Ingredients for the cobbler topping:
175g self-raising flour
125g unsalted butter, cut into cubes, fridge cold
2tbsp maple syrup/honey
2tbsp natural yoghurt
200g natural yoghurt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C.Place the chopped apples and blackberries into an ovenproof dish.
2. Burry the cinnamon stick and lemon rind into the fruit. Drizzle with the maple syrup orhoney and set aside.
3. Place the flour and cubed butter into a large glass bowl and rub in, using your
fingertips. Once the mixture resembles bread crumbs add the maple
syrup/honey and yoghurt and stir to combine.
4. Place dollops of the cobbler mix in circles on top of the fruit.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the cobbler is golden
brown and the fruit is bubbling.
Place a spoonful of the cobbler into a serving bowl, be careful to remove the
cinnamon stick and lemon rind before serving.
Serve with a spoonful of natural yoghurt.