Feed the whole family with Charlene's delicious vegan one-pot dish.
Serves: 8 Prep: 25 minutes Cook: 50 minutes
200g baby plum tomatoes
Extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
A little chopped rosemary
Salt and pepper
600g butternut squash, (cubed)
300g sweet potato, (cubed)
500g frozen/fresh asparagus
500g cooked peas
4 sprigs fresh parsley
2 x 500g tubs vegan coconut yogurt
30g creamed coconut, chopped
7-8 sage leaves, chopped, plus a few extra sprigs for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/gas 3.
2. Mix the tomatoes with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, rosemary and seasoning and bake or grill for 15 minutes.
3. Place butternut squash and sweet potato into a pan of boiling water and boil for 15 minutes until soft. Drain well. In another pan, boil the asparagus with salt and oil until soft and mashable. Drain well.
4. Blend or blitz cooked peas with parsley for about 30 seconds so they still carry some texture. Chop the asparagus then mash with a potato masher and begin to layer in a baking tray as the bottom layer.
5. Heat coconut yogurt and creamed coconut and heat to just before the boil. Season with chopped sage, salt, pepper. Pour half of this mix on top of the asparagus. Add the next layer of pea mix, spreading evenly.
6. Mash butternut squash/sweet potato mix and spread on top of the pie, evenly. Top with the remaining yogurt mixture and sprinkle with grilled tomatoes on the top, garnishing with more sage leaves.
7. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes until set and light golden in colour.
- Timballo is a one-pot favourite Italian pie usually made with rice, pasta or potatoes.
-To make this dish extra speedy use fresh or frozen cubed butternut squash and sweet potatoes.