Peter Andre and family are catching their own dinner today - well, trying to! Rustle up this quick fish supper at home by following the recipe below...
Serves: 4 Prep: 5 minutes Cook: 10 minutes
3 tbsp olive oil
4 x 175g white fish fillets, e.g. sea bass, basa, pollock, hake (skin on, deboned)
Sea salt and ground black pepper
1 small red onion, chopped
3 plum tomatoes, chopped
75g pitted black olives
Small handful baby spinach leaves
Juice ½ lemon
½ bunch flat leaf parsley or dill, picked
1 clove garlic
Crusty bread to serve
1. Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil.
2. Season the fish with salt.
3. Pan fry the fish, skin side down first and cook for 4 minutes per side until light golden brown and cooked through. Do not touch the fish while frying to allow the skin to crisp up.
4. Toss in the onion, tomatoes, olives, spinach, remaining tablespoon of olive oil and lemon juice. Cook for 1 minute. Season with pepper.
5. Remove from the heat and top with parsley or dill.
6. Rub garlic over warm crusty bread and serve chunks of bread with the pan-fried fish using the bread to mop up the juices.
- This dish can also be made with salmon fillets or seafood.
- Swap bread for new/sweet potatoes or brown rice.