Gemma Atkinson and Gorka Marquez invite us into their new home together
Strictly couple Gemma Atkinson and Gorka Marquez welcome us into their home and cook up one of their favourite meals. Get the recipe below...
BAKED COD WITH CHILLI & CHICKPEAS
2 x 150g/5oz thick cod fillets (with skin)
1 tbsp peeled and grated fresh root ginger
1 red chilli, deseeded and shredded
Grated zest and juice of one large lime
1 tbsp olive oil plus extra for brushing
1 red onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
400g/14oz canned chickpeas rinsed and drained
200g/7oz spring greens or spinach washed and shredded
A pinch of dried chilli flakes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Lime wedges to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200c/180 fan/400F/Gas 6
2. Place the cod, skin side down, in an oiled roasting pan. Sprinkle the ginger, chilli and lime juice over the fish and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the fish is opaque and cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan set over a medium heat, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes until softened. Stir in the garlic and cook for one minute.
4. Add the chickpeas and greens and cook over a low heat for 2-3 minutes until the greens wilt and the chickpeas are hot. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with lime zest and chilli flakes.
5. Serve the chickpeas immediately with the baked cod fillets , with lime wedges for squeezing.