We're getting healthy in 2019 with some delicious veggie recipes from The Body Coach himself, Joe Wicks.
1 tbsp coconut oil
½ onion, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
2 tsp garlic–ginger paste
½ tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp garam masala
2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 x 400g tin of chickpeas
2 handfuls of spinach leaves
Squeeze of lemon juice
Handful of coriander leaves
Coconut yoghurt, to serve – optional
1. Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over a low heat.
2. Add in the onion, along with a pinch of salt. Cook for 6 minutes until soft.
3. Stir in the garlic–ginger paste, turmeric and garam masala. Cook for 1 minute, stirring until it smells fragrant.
4. Turn up the heat, chuck in the tomatoes and the tin of chickpeas with all of their water. 5. Season with a good pinch of salt and pepper, then leave the curry to bubble away for 5 minutes.
6. Add the spinach leaves. Once wilted, take the pan off the heat and squeeze in the lemon juice to taste.
7. Spoon into a bowl, stir through most of the coriander leaves, then top with the rest. 8. Serve with coconut yoghurt, if you like.
Recipe taken from Joe Wicks' 'Veggie Lean in 15' book.