Treat your loved one with this chocolate delight that's sure to impress....
80g coconut oil, melted, plus a smidge for the tin
50g self-raising flour
100g ground almonds
2 scoops (60g) vanilla protein powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda salt
80g cocoa powder (over 70% cocoa solids), plus more for dusting
150ml maple syrup
200ml coconut milk
Zest of one orange
Strawberries and/or raspberries, to serve – optional
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C (fan 140°C, gas mark 3). Grease a 20cm round cake tin with a little coconut oil and line the base with baking parchment.
2. Mix the self-raising flour, ground almonds, vanilla protein powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and a pinch of salt in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the cocoa powder with 150ml boiling water until well combined.
4. Then whisk in the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut milk and orange zest.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and give everything a good whisk until you have a smooth runny batter.
6. Pour into the cake tin and bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
7. Cool in the tin. When cool, dust with a little cocoa powder and serve topped with coconut yoghurt and berries if you like.