A quick and tasty veggie recipe from The Body Coach himself, Joe Wicks.
350g frozen spinach
3 cloves garlic crushed
250g jarred roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
200g feta cheese, crumbled
Large handful of parsley, chopped
½ tsp dried chilli flakes
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 pack filo pastry (12 sheets)
75g melted butter
2 tbsp sesame seeds
Salt and pepper
Green salad, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan 180°C, gas mark 6) and bring a kettle of water to the boil.
2. Put the frozen spinach in a bowl. Pour over the boiling water and leave for a couple of minutes to defrost.
3. Meanwhile, place the garlic in a separate bowl, crack in the eggs and stir through the remaining ingredients apart from the pastry, butter and sesame seeds.
4. Drain the spinach and use your hands to squeeze out as much water as possible, then add to the bowl with the other ingredients.
5. Beat everything together with a wooden spoon to combine, then season with salt and pepper.
6. Line a flat baking sheet with a piece of baking parchment. Unravel the filo pastry from its packet, then keep the sheets under a damp tea towel to stop them from drying out.
7. Place one sheet of filo on the baking parchment, brush all over with melted butter, then sprinkle over a few sesame seeds.
8. Slap another on top at a slightly different angle, then repeat this process until you’ve used up all the pastry, saving a little butter and sesame seeds for the top of the tart.
9. When you have used up all of the pastry you will have created a wonky star shape.
10. Spoon the filling into the centre of your pastry star. Flatten it into a rough circle with the back of your spoon, then gather in the pastry from around the edges so you are left with an enclosed pie with an exposed centre.
11. Brush the top of the pastry with the remaining butter and sprinkle over the remaining sesame seeds.
12. Transfer to the oven for 25–30 minutes until the pastry is deep golden brown.